Once pins are received, they are personally inspected by me before shipping out to you. This is to ensure consistant quality for all pins. Please keep this in mind when buying: all pins are filled and polished by hand, so no pin will be 100% perfect.
All pins come in two grades:
Standard Pins Standard pins are the highest quality I offer. Since they are handmade, they may have minor cosmetic imperfections.
Examples of expected Standard Grade imperfections:
- Small buff marks, scuffs, or scratches on metal/enamel
- Small specks, pores, or bubbles anywhere on the pin
- Slightly low or uneven fills
- Minor metal discolorations
- Darker flecks of glitter (on glitter pins)
- Slightly misaligned screenprinting (on screenprinted pins)
Seconds Pins Seconds pins have very noticeable flaws and are sold at a discount.
Examples of expected Seconds Grade imperfections:
- Obvious overflowing enamel fills
- Very large smudges and/or staining
- Completely unfilled areas
- Heavy oxidization of the metal
- Noticeable and deep scratches that span across the metal & enamel
- Very low fills in larger or visually important areas
- Loose posts/backings